Everyone I have ever talked to that is a Pilates business owner has had to come face to face with their fears, actually that statement can be extended to all business owners I have had the pleasure of working with. I have had to as well. I want to share with you some of the techniques I have gathered and that I have used to face those fears. The first step is not to be in denial. You have fears even if you don’t readily acknowledge them. They sometimes take the form of that chatter in the back of your head that says you can’t do it. Do you know how many people have dreams of opening their own Pilates studio but never acted upon that dream? – let me tell you, a lot.
Fear is such a huge issue preventing people from following their dreams. I would estimate it’s about 2-5% of people who will actually go out and start to follow their Pilates dream, the rest unfortunately are paralyzed by fear in one form or another.
Here are some of the techniques I have used as I learned them from both Pilates business owners and others I know:
- Think about what you do want. When you find yourself spinning the wheels in your mind over and again about your worst case scenario, turn it around and focus on what you DO want. Visualize yourself getting what you do want. See yourself talking to the interested person as they become a part of your business. You get what you focus on.
- Change the voice. When you hear yourself telling you that you’re not good enough – you’re going to fail. Find ways to encourage yourself and keep going.
- Voice them to a trusted friend or associate. Hopefully you have been able to find some level of support from at least one other entrepreneur. You need some kind of support network from people that you can talk to and trust. Some people may tell you it is silly, you could even believe that you’re not good enough. However, don’t go looking for support from all those people who doubted you and told you it was crazy to go out on your own. They will never understand what’s inside you and what you are capable of.
- Have a personal development library. I draw tremendous support from my library. It is not just filled with how to resources, but also stories of others who conquered their fears. I couldn’t begin to list the many sources I have, but if you email me I can recommend something based on your own description of your circumstances.
- Don’t get sucked into those motivational speeches that fire you up for an hour or a day. What I tell people is that motivation without practical implementation is delusion. That’s worth reading again. You need both but you need more of the latter – remember 10% motivation, 90 perspiration! Learn from others, seek guidance, get a mentor who has done what you are trying to do and forget about going it alone, we all need someone who will hold us accountable to ourselves because at the end of the day tough love is all too often what we actually need.
I’ll leave you with one final thought – if you don’t know where you are going to be in 3 years, you are already there!
To Your Success
3 Ways Brendan can help your Pilates Business to grow right now;
- Join the Free FB group dedicated to Pilates Business Owners only to get free resources, information, support, training and much more.
- Run your business through his Profit Acceleration Simulator and see all of the potential growth areas – many you won’t even have thought of!. Download your personalised 12 month roadmap – all absolutely FREE.
- Book a no obligation Pilates Profit Acceleration Jumpstart call with Brendan and see for yourself the proven steps he’s taking with other Pilates business owners to transform their businesses and lives. In this session Brendan guarantees to uncover anywhere between €25k – €75k of hidden profits within your business.
Book an inquiry session today and change the direction of your business and your life forever.